- Fenelon Falls Gazette, 4 Dec 1880, p. 2, column 3
- Full Text
The result of the squabble about the butcher by-law is that the villagers are offered meat cheaper than they have ever bought it hitherto. Mr. E. B. Whytall, (whose advertisement will be found in another column) has opened out a butcher shop on Colborne street, and Mr. Cochrane is so indignant thereat that he offers the best steak for 8 cents per lb., roasts from 5 to 6 cents, and boiling pieces from 4 to 5 cents, and we suppose the other butchers will have to charge the same. Vive la guerre.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Price war between two butchers in Fenelon Falls.
- Date of Publication
- 4 Dec 1880
- Personal Name(s)
- Whytall, E. B. ; Cochrane
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6