- Fenelon Falls Gazette, 18 Dec 1880, p. 2, column 2-3
- Full Text
Cameron, Dec. 6th, 1880.
The Council met pursuant to adjournment. Members all present, the Reeve in the chair. Minutes of previous meeting read and approved. The Reeve read a request to the Council to petition the Local Legislature to abolish market fees.
Moved by Mr. Jordan, seconded by Mr. Moynes, That Messrs. John Daniel, James Irwin and M. H. Berkley be paid $5, provided the same be accepted as payment in full for all claims against this municipality for certain improvements claimed to be made by the said parties in deepening a drain on the quarter line between Lots 10 and 11 in the 3rd concessions.--Carried.
Moved by Mr. Jordan, seconded by Mr. Downer, That the following sums be paid as rent for the different sittings of this Council:--Orange Hall, Cameron, $3; Orange Hall, Cambray, $2; Mrs. McFayden, Glenarm, $1; W. Richardson, Rosedale, $1.--Carried.
Moved by Mr. Moynes, seconded by Mr. Isaax, That a By-law to provide for the holding of the municipal election for 1881 be received and read a first time.--Carried.
By-law received and passed in the usual manner.
Moved by Mr. Downer, seconded by Mr. Isaac, That the Reeve and assessor recive $4 each and the clerk $4 50 for selecting jurors for 1881.--Carried.
Moved by Mr. Downer, seconded by Mr. Isaac, That this Council memorialize the Ontario Legislature, praying for the abolishment of market tolls in the province, and that the petition be now introduced and read.--Carried.
Moved by Mr. Downer, seconded by Mr. Isaac, That the following bills be paid, viz:--Jeremiah Twoomey, bolts for Long Point bridge, $8 72; W. Webster, repairing scrapers, $1 25; E. D. Hand, advertising posting of Voters' List, $2 72; D. Tolmie, repairing scrapers, $2 05; W. Brokenshire, spikes for Rosedale Bridge, 25 cents; also that the following persons receive charity: S. Nichols, $5; Thos. Christian, $5; Widow West, $5; Mrs. McGuiness, $5; W. Hutchison, $5; Nelson Day, $5; also Mrs. McNeevin, $5, to aid in supporting an orphan child.--Carried.
The Council then adjourned.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Account of the Fenelon Township council meeting on December 6th, 1880.
- Date of Publication
- 18 Dec 1880
- Date Of Event
- 6 Dec 1880
- Personal Name(s)
- Jordan ; Moynes ; Daniel, John ; Irwin, James ; Berkley, M. H. ; Downer ; MacFayden, Mrs. ; Richardson, W. ; Isaac ; Twoomey, Jeremiah ; Webster, W. ; Hand, E. D. ; Tolmie, D. ; Brokenshire, W. ; Nicholl, S. ; Christian, Thomas ; West, Widow ; McGuiness, Mrs. ; Hutchison, W. ; Day, Nelson ; McNeevin, Mrs.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Orange Hall, Cameron ; Orange Hall, Cameron
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6