- Fenelon Falls Gazette, 18 Dec 1880, p. 2, column 3
- Full Text
It is rumoured around the village that only one or two of the present councillors will seek re-election, and that there will be three or four candidates for the reeveship; but as we can learn nothing definite we do not yet mention names. It is said that in Fenelon Mr. J. D. Naylor will oppose Mr. Daniel, the present Reeve, but not being in Mr. Naylor's confidence, we cannot tell how much truth there is in the report. We see by the Lindsay papers that our old friend Mr. David Walker aspires to the reeveship of his native township, Ops, and as he is well posted in municipal matters and has a good head on his shoulders, he is well qualified for the office and he has our best wishes for his success.
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- Account of current rumours for reeveship candidates.
- Date of Publication
- 18 Dec 1880
- Personal Name(s)
- Naylor, J. D. ; Daniel, Mr. ; Walker, David
- Corporate Name(s)
- Ops Township ; Fenelon Township
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6