St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Lindsay
- Mystery Question
- Do you know the names of the people in the photo of the mixed choir?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Newspaper clippings
- The St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church and School was built at 40 William Street North, Lindsay, Ontario in 1887. The land for the church was donated in 1885 by William Needler. The Church School building was erected in 1900.
"St. Andrew's was designed by William Duffus, a Lindsay Architect. It was built in 1887 at a cost of $24,000. When viewed at a distance from across the Scugog River, the building is romantically reminiscent of the keep of a medieval castle." - Taken from Lindsay Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee (LACAC) postcard.
- See also Calendars Fonds, February 1988.
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6