Kawartha Lakes Pregnancy Centre
- Smith, Sue, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Kawartha Lakes Pregnancy Centre (Lindsay Crisis Pregnancy Centre) was closed to person-to-person contact from the beginning, but continued to offer services as they could.
Services included care packages by appointment once a week, which included unopened items that could be wiped down, and prenatal and postnatal education online, free pregnancy tests by appointment, and accepting donations on unused, unopened items.
They were not giving out second-hand clothing and equipment, which would have been a normal part of their service.
For staffing, the Centre tried to have one person in-office and all others working from home. Meetings were conducted using Zoom.
Funding for the centre is typically provided by churches and supporting individuals. However, the centre's Board was investigating some government programs offered due to the pandemic.
- Charity - located at 241 Kent St W, Lindsay - Director: Melanie Styles, M.S.W.
- Kawartha Lakes Pregnancy Centre
- Date of Original
- March 2020
- Date Of Event
- 16 April 2020
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6