March 17: Ontario declares state of emergency due to coronavirus
- kawarthaNOW.com, 17 Mar 2020
- Head, Bruce, Reporter
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Newspaper clippings
- Premier Doug Ford declared the Ontario State of Emergency on March 17, 2020 to fight COVID-19. Gatherings of more than 50 people were prohibited, including parades, events, and places of worship. All indoor recreational programs, libraries, private schools, licensed child care, bars & restaurants not offering takeout and delivery, all theatres, cinemas and concert venues were ordered closed.
All emergency measures were in effect originally in effect until March 31, 2020. This was extended and additional closures and prohibitions added with later extensions of the state of emergency.
The first stage of a COVID-19 emergency relief package which included immediate protecting seniors and those most vulnerable to the effects of the virus.
- Date of Original
- 17 Mar 2020
- Date Of Event
- 17 Mar 2020
- Personal Name(s)
- Ford, Doug, Premier ; Jones, Sylvia ; Elliott, Christine ; Phillips, Rod
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6