Dominion Rubber Machinery Shop employees
- Denton, Ernest, 1883-1957, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white panoramic framed photograph of Dominion Rubber Machinery Shop employees taken on 1 June 1927. The employees are sitting and standing along the factory wall. An open door and two vehicles can be seen to the right.
- The Rubber Machinery Shops were located adjacent to the Dominion Tire Plant on Strange Street, in Kitchener. The shops manufactured machinery for the rubber industry, such as mills, refiners, hydraulic presses, tire molds, mill drives and numerous types of industrial equipment and machinery.
Ernest Denton was a photographer in Berlin/Kitchener from approximately 1912 to 1955. He operated photography studios at various locations in the city.
The photograph is in very good condition, but has yellowed slightly at the far right. It is mounted behind glass in a decorative walnut-brown wooden frame. The frame is in fair condition, as it is worn at the edges, with a sharp gauge at the middle of the right side.
- [Front, lower left]: Dominion Rubber Company Limited. Rubber Machinery Shops - June 1/27.
[Front, lower right]: Denton, Kitchener.
- Date of Original
Width: 77.5 cm
Height: 17.5 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 74cm
Image Height: 14cm
- Corporate Name(s)
- Dominion Rubber Company ; Dominion Rubber ; Dominion Rubber Machinery Shop
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- Art Rack
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1