Valentine's Day postcard
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A Valentine's Day postcard which depicts two bluebirds in a gold circle. The birds are resting on a grape vine and appear to be eating the grapes on the vine. Below the gold circle, the verse, "With loving thoughts for thee O' winsome little maiden" is written in gold lettering. A large gold heart, set among a trail of smaller gold hearts, appears at the bottom of the card in a purple box. Stylized leaves, outlined in gold, appear on the right side border of the postcard.
The reverse of the postcard contains a message from Irene Schieckoff of Heidelberg, Ont. to Miss Minnetta Stolz of Galt, Ont.
- This postcard is one in a set of 15 colour postcards. Each card had been mailed at a postal rate of 1 cent. The artist is not known. The postcard was mailed from Heidelberg to Waterloo (and onto Galt) on 20 February 1914.
The condition of the original postcard is fair. The corners are worn and there are some surface marks.
- Front: With loving thoughts for thee O winsome little maiden
Reverse: [centre top] Postcard
[Left side title] This space for correspondence.
[Below title] Dear Friend: - Hoping you have not forgotten me. am well, expect you the same. Will be down home some time in March, expect to see you. Best Wishes from Irene Schieckoff, Heidelberg Ont. ans.
[Right side title] This space for address only
[Below title] Miss Minnetta Stolz, [the city Waterloo is stoked out in pencil] Galt [written in pencil], Ont.Can.
- Date of Original:
- 20 Feb 1914
Width: 9 cm
Height: 14 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 9cm
Image Height: 14cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Schieckoff, Irene ; Stolz, Minnetta
- Local identifier:
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original:
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
Kitchener Public Library
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1