General Sir Sam Hughes and other dignitaries at Grand River Country Club
- Denton, Ernest, 1883-1957, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white mat mounted photograph of dignitaries and officers on the steps of the Grand River Country Club, in Bridgeport, Ontario, on 17 September 1915.
The names of some of the men are identified on the mat of the photograph.
In the front row, the following men are identified: starting second from left: Captain Kreitzer, Lieutenant Ralph Weaver, Mayor Hett of Berlin, Ontario, Colonel H.J. Bowman, General Sir Sam Hughes, W.G. Weichel, Member of Parliament (M.P.), and Mayor Kaufmann of Waterloo, Ontario.
The man in centre of the third row, with a letter A, is identified as Colonel W.M.O. (William Merton Overton) Lochead.
The man to the right of W.M.O. Lochead might be Chaplain Reverend J.W.J. Andrew.
The man in the second row, far right, with a letter B appearing just over his shoulder, is identified as Lieutenant Colonel Martin.
The the man in the third row, far right, with the letter C above his head, is identified as Lieutenant G.H.K. (George Hugo Kranz) Bingham.
- Ernest Denton was a photographer in Berlin/Kitchener from approximately 1912 to 1955. He operated photography studios at various locations in the city.
- Front: Denton Photo.
- Date of Original
- 17 Sep 1915
- Date Of Event
- 17 Sep 1915
Width: 29.7 cm
Height: 24.4 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 20.5cm
Image Height: 15.2cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Hett, John Emil, 1870-1956, Bowman, Herbert Joseph, 1856-1916 ; Weichel, William George, 1870-1949 ; Lochead, William Merton Overton, 1874-1960 ; Kreitzer, William Henry Jervis, 1886-1960 ; Bingham, George Hugo Kranz, 1892-1965 ; Weaver, Ralph L., 1883-1918 ; Andrew, J.W.J., Rev. ; Kaufman, John R., 1853-?, Hughes, Sam, Sir, 1853-1921 ; Martin, H.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Grand River Country Club
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4834 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1