Rittinger and Motz printing office
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the exterior front of the Rittinger and Motz printing office, publishers of Berliner Journal, a German weekly. on the far left is the door of G.L. Pearson, dentist. A sign for the dental office can be seen beside the door and on the upper right door frame.
The Rittinger and Motz Printers was located where Jaimet's bookstore once stood at 42 King Street West (north side), Kitchener, Ontario.
Standing left to right are: Leo J. Kiefer, Herman Rittinger, William J. Motz, John Motz (who later became Sheriff Motz), Frederick Rittinger, John Treusch, and William Rittinger.
In the same building is the dental office of G.L. Pearson.
- John Motz became sheriff in 1890.
The photograph is in fair condition, is creased and has worn edges.
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- [ca. 1889]
Width: 33.2 cm
Height: 20 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 33.2cm
Image Height: 20cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Kiefer, Leo J. ; Rittinger, Herman ; Motz, William J. ; Motz, John ; Rittinger, Frederick ; Truesch, John ; Rittinger, William ; Pearson, G.L.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Berliner Journal ; Rittinger and Motz Printing Office ; Jaimet's Stationery and Book Store.
- Local identifier
- Waterloo Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmailgsrphoto@kpl.orgWWW address
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1