Elmira Musical Society Band
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify any of the unidentified musicians?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white outdoor group photo of the Elmira Musical Society Band. Most of the members are in uniform and are holding either clarinets or brass wind instruments. The photograph looks to have been taken in a park as trees are in the background.
Some of the band members have been identified. The identifications are as follows:
Front row, left to right: Unidentified man, George Kehl, Jack Hedrich, unidentified man, Gordon Otto (drum), Edgar Schaub, Fred Kirschel [sp?].
Middle row, left to right: Willie Weitzel, Conrad Stumpf [?], Peter Stumpf, Amsey Winger, Ivan Musselman, "Big Mike" Weichel, Bill Weitzel
Back row, left to right: Professor Phillips, John Weichel [?], Bert Behrens, Walter Klinck, Oscar Klinck, Norman Hollinger, Herb Dahmen, Dr. Kalbfleisch (dentist), C.N. Klinck, Oscar Ruppel
- The image bears a handwritten date of 1903, written in blue pen, on the face of the drum, and the inscrripton "Old Home Week, 1902" on the back. It is possible that this image was taken at a St. Paul's Lutheran Church picnic.
John Weichel was not a band member; perhaps a Musical Society executive member.
C.N. Klinck was the treasurer of the Society.
The image is very fragile and has been encapsulated.
- Reverse: Old Home Week, 1902. Oscar A Klinck 34 Havelock, Guelph.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1902 or 1903]
- Date Of Event
- [ca. 1902 or 1903]
Width: 22.7 cm
Height: 16.6 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 22.7cm
Image Height: 16.6cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Kehl, George ; Hedrich, Jack ; Pfaff, George ; Otto, Gordon ; Schaub, Edgar ; Kirschel, Fred ; Weitzel, Willie ; Stumpf, Conrad ; Stumpf, Peter ; Winger, Amsey, Musselman, Ivan ; Weichel, Mike ; Weitzel, Bill ; Phillips, Professor ; Weichel, John ; Behrens, Bert ; Klinck, Walter ; Klinck, Oscar ; Hollinger, Norman ; Dahmen, Herb ; Kalbfleisch, Henry M., Dr. ; Klinck, C.N. ; Ruppel, Oscar
- Corporate Name(s)
- Elmira Musical Society Band
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.60009 Longitude: -80.5497
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1