Men dressed as vintage firefighters to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Confederation
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify any of the men in the photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Denton, Ernest, 1883-1957, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A sepia outdoor photograph of a group of men wearing fake white beards and fire fighter hats standing between two fire engines. The engine on the left appears to be contemporary while the one on the right is an older fire wagon with decorations. A sign on the new fire engine reads "Prevention saves lives and property." The group is standing in front of a store which sells carpets, linoleum, curtains, and draperies.
- Ernest Denton was a photographer in Berlin/Kitchener from approximately 1912 to 1955. He operated photography studios at various locations in the city.
This photo is in poor condition. There are thumb-tack holes, stains, and scratches on the image.
- [Front, top right]: 1867 - Canada's Diamond Jubilee of Confederation 1927
[Front, lower left]: Denton, Kitchener, July 1, 1927
- Date of Original
- 1 July 1927
Width: 24 cm
Height: 16.3 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 16.3cm
- Corporate Name(s)
- Kitchener Fire Department
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1