A. Sippel and Son shoe store, 31 King Street, East, Kitchener, Ontario
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the police officer in the photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white exterior photograph of the A. Sippel and Son shoe store, located at 31 King Street East, Kitchener, Ontario.
Signs in the storefront window of the A. Sippel & Sons shoe store read: "Lease Expires, Forced to Vacate, Smash!, Down Come Prices, The Premier Bargain Event of All Times; Big Sale of Shoes."
Next door is Denton & Gifford Photographers as well as Sarah Fehrenbach's millinery store. A window on the second story reads "Denton & Gifford Photographers, Enlarging - Framing"
A banner hanging on its side from the third story reads: "Yule Tide Dance, Odd Fellows Hall, Dec. 31st."
A man in an overcoat and cap identified as Henry L. Janzen and a police officer are seen in the foreground.
A car is partially visible in the lower left corner.
- Ernest Denton was a photographer in Berlin/Kitchener from approximately 1912 to 1955. He operated photography studios at various locations in the city. He worked with another photographer in a studio named “Denton & Gifford” between 1924-1925.
This photograph is in good condition, detached from mat, slightly faded.
- Date of Original
- [between 1923 and 1925]
Width: 15.2 cm
Height: 20.5 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15.2cm
Image Height: 20.5cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Janzen, Henry L.
- Corporate Name(s)
- A. Sippel & Son ; Denton & Gifford Photographers
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1