E.S. Shoe Company Limited employees
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify any of the employees in this photo?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Denton, Ernest, 1883-1957, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white panoramic photograph of the E.S. Shoe Company's 43 employees taken in front of the 150 King Street. East, Kitchener, Ontario, facility in September, 1933. Those in the back row are standing; those in the middle and front rows are sitting on the grass. The man at the far left in the front row is identified as George Boesz.
Across the top of the building is the inscription: "The E.S. Shoe Co. Limited - Makers of High Grade Childrens [sic] Footwear". Between the first story and second story windows is painted the word "Kitchener." It appears the wording following the city name has been removed from the photographic image.
- It is believed that George Boesz worked at E.S. Shoe Co. Ltd. until around 1939. He was originally from Gagova, Yugoslavia (now Serbia).
Ernest Denton was a photographer in Berlin/Kitchener from approximately 1912 to 1955.
This photograph is in fair condition: some tearing, fading, tape marks.
- Front: "Denton Photo, Sep. 1933"
- Date of Original
- Sept 1933
- Date Of Event
- Sept 1933
Width: 39.6 cm
Height: 15.5 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 39.6cm
Image Height: 15.5cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Boesz, George
- Corporate Name(s)
- E.S. Shoe Co. Ltd. ; E.S. Shoe Company Limited
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1