Bird's eye view of Melrose Park, Berlin, Ontario, showing Breithaupt and Wellington Streets
- Moyer, Addison C. (A.C.), Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A panoramic photograph, showing a bird's eye view of Berlin, Ontario, circa 1914. The images shows the proposed location for the Melrose Park housing development, located at Louisa and St. Leger Streets.
The photograph is taken from the Anthes Manufacturing looking down Breithaupt & Wellington Streets toward Berlin Trunk and Bag Company building.
On the image are marked: "New City Park" (far left), and "Melrose Park" and "Proposed Park" (middle left).
Western Shoe Company Limited, Baetz Brothers Furniture, and Wunder Furniture buildings are shown. Several houses are visible in the foreground. A large white building housing the Greb Shoe factory is visible in the middle distance. Fencing surrounding the Margaret Avenue bridge can be seen in the lower right corner.
- It's believed that the notation "New City Park" may be Breithaupt Park.
This photo is in poor condition: weakened at folds, some folds torn. The image is encapsulated.
Addison C. Moyer was a photographer in Waterloo, Ontario. In 1895, he purchased the photographic studio of D.S. Huber and operated his studio, located at 36 King Street South, Waterloo, Ontario, from 1895 to 1925. A.C. Moyer died in 1929 and is buried at Mount Hope Cemetery, Waterloo.
- Front, far left, on image: "New City Park".
Front, middle left, on image: Melrose Park; and "Proposed Park";
Front, lower right, on image: "AC Moyer Photo, Waterloo"
Left front border: "Melrose Park is about 3/4 mile from City Post Office. Has Sewers, Water, Street Car Service, Etc. Lots 40 ft by 110 ft. to 14 ft. Lane."
Middle front border: "Bird's Eye View of Melrose Park In the City of Berlin, Ont. Owned and Offered for Sale by R.J. Haley & Co. 61 King Street East, Berlin, Ont."
Bottom front border (Handwritten): "R.A. Reid Sales manager."
Right front border: "Melrose Park is close to New City Park, G.T.R. Station, Golf Links. Is Restricted and High Class."
- Date of Original:
- [ca. 1914]
- Date Of Event:
- [ca. 1914]
Width: 63.3 cm
Height: 23.1 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 60.6cm
Image Height: 14cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Reid, R.A.
- Corporate Name(s):
- R.J. Haley & Co. ; R.J. Haley and Company
- Local identifier:
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original:
- Oversize Box 3
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
Kitchener Public Library
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1