Mennonite Bible School Class, 1932
- Denton, Ernest, 1883-1957, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white outdoor panoramic photograph of the students and faculty of the Mennonite Bible School in front of a brick school building, in Kitchener, Ontario, in February 1932.
- The Ontario Mennonite Bible School (OMBS) began in 1907 with a four week class held in the Berlin Mennonite Church (now First Mennonite Church in Kitchener, Ontario). The school was known as the Bible Study Class until the 1920s. “Bible school” became more common by 1930, and a new constitution in 1933 formalized the name as Ontario Mennonite Bible School, sometimes referred to as the Kitchener Bible School. In 1951 a more advanced “Institute” was added, leading to the name Ontario Mennonite Bible School & Institute. The school closed in 1969.
Ernest Denton was a photographer in Berlin/Kitchener from approximately 1912 to 1955.
This photograph is in poor condition and has several ripples and creases in it.
- Front: Kitchener Bible School, Feb. 1932. Denton Photo
Reverse: OMBS Kitchener 1932. Denton Commercial [indecipherable] Portrait, [indecipherable] Kitchener, Ont.
- Date of Original
- Feb 1932
Width: 73 cm
Height: 16.3 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 71.2cm
Image Height: 14.3cm
- Corporate Name(s)
- Ontario Mennonite Bible School ; Kitchener Bible School ; Mennonite Bible School (Kitchener, Ont.)
- Local identifier
- Waterloo Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original
- OS Box 2
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1