Ellen Street East at Queen Street North, Kitchener, Ontario
- Schmid, Albert, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white winter photograph of three buildings at the intersection of Ellen Street East and Queen Street North, Kitchener, Ontario.
Three buildings are visible on the north side of Queen St. N.: Church of the Good Shepherd (116 Queen St. N.) and two private residences (122 Queen St. N. and 128 Queen St. N.).
The lawns, sidewalks, and boulevards are snow-covered.
- The church was built in 1935 at a cost of $73,000. It was the 4th building constructed by this growing congregation (Each church was at a different site).
128 Queen St. N.: This dwelling was built in 1860 by its original owner, John Hoffman. The facade has been considerably altered.
See also (local identifiers): P009834 and P009881
This photograph is in good condition: a horizontal white line is visible top centre of the photo. There is a dark mark and translucent stain at the bottom left.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1954-1955]
Width: 12.6 cm
Height: 8.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 12.6cm
Image Height: 8.9cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Hoffman, John
- Corporate Name(s)
- Church of the Good Shepherd (Kitchener, Ontario)
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1