St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Berlin, Ontario
- S.H. Knox & Co., Publisher
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Coloured postcard showing exterior view of Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church located at the corner of Queen and Weber Streets, Berlin, Ontario.
The streets, visible in the foreground, appear to be unpaved.
- In 1854, persons of Scottish descent began to meet together in private homes in Berlin, Ontario, in order to worship in the Church of Scotland format.
In 1855 the group successfully petitioned the Presbytery of Hamilton to be established as a Presbyterian congregation. Its first building was constructed on this site in 1857. A larger facility was built in 1907; a major renovation (1948) and two significant additions (1954, 1967) were to follow.
Its congregation has included many local community leaders and one Prime Minister - William Lyon Mackenzie King.
See also (local identifier): P009731, P009883
This postcard is in good condition: slight wear on corners.
- Front [top]: Presbyterian Church, Berlin, Canada
Reverse [left, vertical] Published by S.H. Knox & Co. Printed in Great Britain; [top] Souvenir Post Card.
Addressee: Miss Alma Seim, New Hamburg, Ont.
- S.H. Knox & Co.
- Date of Original:
- [between 1907 and 1915]
Width: 8.7 cm
Height: 13.8 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 8.7cm
Image Height: 13.8cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Seim, Alma
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Kitchener, Ontario)
- Local identifier:
- Waterloo Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original:
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
Kitchener Public Library
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1