Berlin Fire Department Rescue Number 1 members
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white studio portrait photograph on cardboard backing of 13 members of the Berlin Fire Department, Rescue Number (No.) 1 crew. Six men are seen standing in the backrow, five are seated on a settee (the man in the middle is wearing a badge), two are sitting on the floor in front - a sign between them reads "Rescue No. 1, Berlin." Most of the men are sporting impressive mustaches. A portrait of a vintage fire engine is hung on the back wall.
- The following individuals have been identified -
Back row, left to right: Isaac Dickman, Daniel Boettger, Fern Badke, John Karn, [unidentified], [unidentified]
Middle row, left to right: George Huck, Dennis Scharlach, Jacob Uhrig, Jacob Scharlach, Jacob Cook
Front, left to right: August Hertel, Adam Dengis.
See also (local identifier): P003049
This photograph is part of the Kitchener Fire Department Collection.
This photograph is in fair condition: thumb tack holes, torn corners.
- Reverse: "Donated to the Kitchener Fire Department, December 19th 1968 by Mr. V. Huck. Mr Huck's grandfather is the one seated on the settee (extreme right) who became chief of the Department later. (Was chief in 1889) - E.A. Johnston"
[There is some dispute as to the accuracy of this dating].
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
Width: 19.3 cm
Height: 16.3 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 18.3cm
Image Height: 15.4cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Dickman, Isaac ; Boettger, Daniel ; Badke, Fern ; Karn, John ; Huck, George ; Scharlach, Dennis ; Uhrig, Jacob ; Scharlach, Jacob ; Cook, Jacob ; Hertel, August ; Dengis, Adam
- Corporate Name(s):
- Berlin Fire Department ; Kitchener Fire Department
- Local identifier:
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original:
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
Kitchener Public Library
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1