Dominion Tire plant
- Gerry, Bud (Frank), Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the Dominion Tire plant, located on Strange Street in Kitchener, Ontario. The plant consists of one very large five storey building in front of which is a smaller three storey building. The photo shows the front of the plant with the Canadian National Railway (CNR) siding tracks to the south of it. In front of the smaller building is a parking lot filled with cars. A water tower can be seen on top of the larger building.
- Owned by the Dominion Rubber Company, this plant was a major Kitchener employer for many years, selling its tires internationally. The larger building was erected in 1912.
See also (local identifiers): P9564, P9566, P9567
This photograph is in good condition, slightly faded.
- Date of Original
- [between 1939 and 1954]
Width: 14.4 cm
Height: 8.4 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14.4cm
Image Height: 8.4cm
- Corporate Name(s)
- Dominion Rubber Company ; Dominion Rubber Co. Ltd. ; Dominion Tire Company
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4508788801563 Longitude: -80.5099193785095
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1