Order of the Knights of Pythias picnic, 1915
- Denton, Ernest, 1883-1957, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white outdoor group photograph of members of the Berlin, Ontario chapter of the Order of the Knights of Pythias taken on the grounds of Forest Hill, the Rumpel family estate.
Carl "Charlie" Pritschau, "Berlin's giant", can be seen close to the middle of the back row.
- The fact that the subjects are not arranged in perfectly formed rows makes it difficult to identify each man with an acceptable degree of certainty.
Ernest Denton was a photographer in Berlin/Kitchener from approximately 1912 to 1955.
This image is part of the Schmalz Collection.
This photo is in good condition.
- [Front, right, embossed on mat frame]: Denton Photo
[Reverse]: Notice Pritschau - he disappeared about 1922.
- Date of Original:
- Jul 1915
Width: 29.4 cm
Height: 24.4 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 20.1cm
Image Height: 14.9cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Pritschau, Carl Gustav ; Pritchau, Charlie Eby, A. ; Heimrich, C. ; Boehmer, O. ; Bauman, W. ; McIntyre, V, Jaimey, J. ; Gillies, F. ; Becker, W.H. ; Freeman, W., Hartung, W. ; Klugman, A. ; Hagerdorn, Lloyd ; Fleischauer, O. ; Sippel, W. ; Hoelscher, G. ; Bricker, F. ; Philip, George ; Tuchlinski, Gus ; Stuebing, A. ; Lederman, S. ; Smith, Ezra ; Voelker, A. ; Klaehn, J.C.
- Corporate Name(s):
- Order of the Knights of Pythias
- Local identifier:
- Waterloo Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original:
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
Kitchener Public Library
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1