School Section Number 5, Floradale, Ontario - senior group class, November 1921
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify any of the students in this photo?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Denton, Ernest, 1883-1957, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white school class portrait, on a mat, of the teachers and students of the School Section Number 5 (S.S. No. 5), Floradale, Ontario - senior class.
The 37 students - boys and girls - are arranged in four rows in front of a brick wall. Two teachers are seen at either end of the rows. Two girls in the middle of the second row from the front hold a slate on which is written: "Sr. Room, S.S. No. 5, Woolwich 1921."
- The male teacher may be Mr. Roy Cassie.
S.S. No. 5 Woolwich Township was also known as the Floradale School, named after the settlement in which it was located. The brick building pictured was built in 1907 and remained in operation until 1966 when it was replaced by a new school built at 30 Florapine Rd.
Ernest Denton was a photographer in Berlin/Kitchener from approximately 1912 to 1955. He operated photography studios at various locations in the city.
This photo is in excellent condition.
- [Reverse]: Floradale, Nov. 9, 1921. Teachers - Mr Cassie and Miss Bauman. Age - 13 years. Class - Sr. IV.
- Date of Original
- 9 Nov 1921
Width: 30 cm
Height: 24.8 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 20.4cm
Image Height: 15.3cm
- Local identifier
- Waterloo Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.6168 Longitude: -80.583
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1