Waterloo County pioneer artifacts display
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white interior photograph of a four-tiered display containing a number of historical artifacts dating from Waterloo County's pioneer era.
The collection consists of books (including a vulgate bible), household items, hardware, and ceramics. A quilt, violin, and clock are also visible.
Many of the items bear labels indicating their place of origin, i.e. England, Germany, Ireland, Pennsylvania, Scotland.
Above the shelves is a sign reading: "From it's [sic] earliest days, life in Waterloo County has been coloured and strengthened by the cultures of the lands from which its settlers came ..."
- The photo may have been taken in the Doon Pioneer Village museum.
This photograph is in excellent condition.
- Date of Original
- [between 1955 and 1965]
Width: 21.5 cm
Height: 16.6 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 20.3cm
Image Height: 15.4cm
- Local identifier
- Waterloo Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1