Kitchener Public Utilities Commission charter bus
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Postcard image shows a stationary "Kitchener-Waterloo Aeroliner" bus operated by the Kitchener Public Utilities Commission (PUC). The word "chartered" is displayed below the front windshield and the Kitchener PUC vehicle number 10 below.
- Location and date of image (possibly 1940s) are unknown.
This bus appears to be one manufactured by the General American Aerocoach Corporation, which operated between 1939 and 1952, in Chicago. See more about this company online at the coachbuilt.com website.
The reverse side of the image is a photocopy.
- Reverse: Going Somewhere? Then travel by P.U.C. Bus, the carefree way, with a courteous and capable driver at the wheel. Riding is like gliding when you travel in our "Aeroliner", air-conditioned, radio-equipped bus. For out-of town picnic or charter trip, you may choose from our de-luxe "Aeroliner" or standard Brill and Ford equipment. For information and particulars, dial 5-5673 and ask for Mr. H. Stewart. Kitchener Public Utilities Commission, 191 King Street West, Kitchener, Ont.
- Date of Publication
Width: 17.75 cm
Height: 12.5 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 17.25cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Stewart, H. ; Stewart, Harold F.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Kitchener Public Utilities Commission ; Kitchener PUC General American Aerocoach Corporation ; Aerocoach
- Local identifier
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Location of former Kitchener PUC carbarns:
Latitude: 43.4399814353756 Longitude: -80.4659740660095
- Location of former Kitchener PUC carbarns:
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- Contact the Kitchener Public Library, at the email address below, for more information.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1