Kitchener Public Utilities Commission trolley buses at car barn
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black-and-white undated image shows parts of three Kitchener PUC trolley buses parked beside a wall of the utility's "car" barn on King Street East in Kitchener. There is advertising on the buses, but the wording is not legible.
Electric lines are visible above the trolley buses.
- The Kitchener Public Utilities Commission operated a transit service in Kitchener and Waterloo from 1927 to 1973. It operated electric street railway cars along King Street in both cities from 1927 to 1946.
Late in December of 1946 the streetcars were replaced with gasoline-powered buses and electric trolley buses. Even earlier the PUC had begun operating other transit routes with buses. These routes were called "cross-town lines." Trolley buses were in use until 1973 when Kitchener Transit, operated by the City of Kitchener, was created. Kitchener Public Utilities Commission, head office at 191 King St. W., Kitchener. Street railway depot and "car barn" at 1402 King St. E., Kitchener
- Date of Publication:
Width: 17.7 cm
Height: 12.4 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 17.3cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Corporate Name(s):
- Kitchener Public Utilities Commission ; Kitchener PUC
- Local identifier:
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Kitchener Public Utilities Commission barn:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder Contact Information:
- Contact the Kitchener Public Library, at the email address below, for more information.
- Location of Original:
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
Kitchener Public Library
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1