Kaufman Rubber Company Baseball Club - Kitchener City League and Waterloo County Champions 1917
- Yost Studio, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Composite photographs
- A matted black and white composite photograph of the Kaufman Rubber Company baseball team, Kitchener City and Waterloo County Champions of 1917.
The image is composed of 18 portraits of players and team officials. The championship cup is in the centre of the image and the title of the photograph surrounds the trophy cup. Two baseball bats and balls appear at the top of the image, and two crossed bats and balls appear along the lower edge of the image. There are 5 team officials (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Manager and Secretary). The other 13 images are of team players.
The image is in poor condition - the finished edges of the mat have broken off and there is staining and scratches over the image and mat.
- Levi R. Yost operated a photographic studio in Elmira, Ontario from 1888 to 1900 and later in Kitchener from approximately 1911 to 1931. Yost Studios were located at 12 King St. West (later 175 King St. West.)
- [From upper left to right]: A.R. Kaufman - Pres; W.; G. Hainsworth - S.S.; A. Dunbrook - 3rd B.; W. Roedding - Mgr.; A. Shirk - Pitcher; J.H. Roedding - Vice Pres.; W. Schach - 2nd B.; C. Underwood - L.F.; O. Toletski - C.F.; E. Nowak - Catcher; G. Hummel - R.F.; P. Shantz - Spare; M. Cochrane - 1st B. Capt.; J. German - Spare; L. Shelly - Spare; I. Weber - Treas.; E. Hill - Secy
[Centre - surrounding image of trophy]: Kaufman Rubber Co. Base Ball Club, Champions 1917, Kitchener City League & Waterloo Co.
- Date of Original
Width: 47.4 cm
Height: 35.5 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 34cm
Image Height: 26cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Kaufman, A.R. ; Kaufman, Alvin Ratz ; Hainsworth, G. ; Dunbrook, A. ; Roedding, W. ; Shirk, A. ; Mahn, J. ; Roedding, J.H. ; Underwood, C. ; Schack, W. ; Toletski, O. ; Hummel, G. ; Shantz, P. ; Cochrane, M. ; German, J. ; Shelly, L. ; Nowak, E. ; Hill, E. ; Weber, L.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Kaufman Rubber Company
- Local identifier
- Waterloo Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
- Kitchener Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1