Alexander Ralph Eby
- Yost, Levi R., 1860-1939, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white, full-length studio portrait of Alexander Ralph Eby, in uniform.
- Private Eby served in the First Canadian Contingent of the British Expeditionary Force and in the Second Infantry Brigade, Fourth Company, Fifth Battalion. He was killed in action in France on 21 March 1915 and was reported to be the first native of Waterloo Township, Ontario, to be a victim of the Great War.
The photographer, Levi R. Yost, operated a photography studio at 175 King Street West in Berlin, Ontario, from 1915 to 1920. His studio was located at 12 King Street West, Berlin in 1912.
Private Eby is buried in Rue David Military Cemetery, near Fleurbaix, France. Section II, Row A, grave 44.
Levi R. Yost operated a photographic studio in Elmira, Ontario from 1888 to 1900 and later in Kitchener from approximately 1911 to 1931. Yost Studios were located at 12 King St. West (later 175 King St. West.)
- Front: Alexander Ralph Eby, 1891-1915.
Pte. First Can. Contingent B.E.F.
No. 13627, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 4th Company, 5th Batt'n.
Killed in action, in France, March 21st 1915.
First native of Waterloo Tp. victim of war.
- Date of Original:
- [1914 or 1915]
- Date Of Event:
- [1914 or 1915]
Width: 15.4 cm
Height: 23 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 9.7cm
Image Height: 14.6cm
- Local identifier:
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original:
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
Kitchener Public Library
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1