William Cook family
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white, outdoor, group photograph of the Cook family and their pets. Identified from left to right are: William, Patsy, Carol, and Marthabel Cook. A puppy and white rabbit are seated on the table around which the family gathered.
- Marthabel Cook, the daughter of E.W. Wilson and Mary Anthes, was born and raised in Kitchener, Ontario. She married William Cook in 1931 and one year later the couple moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina for William's work. They resided in Argentina for fifty years and returned to Kitchener in 1980.
Marthabel studied art at the University of Toronto and the Ontario Academy of Art. She was a distinguished artist and best known for her floral oils. She exhibited her work Buenos Aires, Argentina; London, England; and various cities throughout North America.
The photograph is affixed to a Christmas card with a handwritten message and printed greeting.
Please see P007057 and P007059 for Cook family photographs.
- Inside card: [handwritten] Here we are all feel a bit settled again!! Sorry we couldn't include the other members of the family - i.e. - the goldfish and two rabbits - but here is wishing John and Robbie and Jaime and their Maw and Paw a Happy Happy Christmas from Patsy - Carol - Bill - Marthabel
[printed message] Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all the Cooks way down under.
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
Width: 12.1 cm
Height: 9.2 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 11.3cm
Image Height: 8.4cm
- Local identifier:
- Kitchener Public Library
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- If you would like to obtain a digital or print copy of this image, please see KPL's Photographic Reproduction Policy at http://www.kpl.org/localhistory/photographs
Kitchener Public Library
Agency street/mail address
85 Queen North
Kitchener, ON N2H 2H1