The Moore House, what we know today as the Sinton Tavern On Main Street, was built in 1907. The owner, Thomas Moore, had contractors build it for him. He also owned the Commercial Hotel across the street on Huron West where King's Saw and Marine once stood.
When Mr. Moore died in 1915 the hotel was taken over by John Harris of Walford. He renamed the hotel The Cecil House,after his son who was killed in the war. Mr. Harris died a year later and his widow sold it to John Heffernan in 1917. It became The Heffernan Hotel and remained that for forty years.
Mrs. Jane MaCartney, a widow with two children, was employed by Mr. Heffernan. She had previously been employed in the Queens Hotel as manager and housekeeper. The hotel was left to her on his death and she carried on the business. When she retired in 1945, the hotel was taken over by Sam Sinton, where the name Sinton originated. He lived in Thessalon for sixteen years and managed the hotel for nine years until his death. Sam Sinton's widow sold it to Gene Biondi from Sudbury in 1954
Ray Forest purchased the hotel in 1960 and kept it until he sold it to Bud Buccari in 1971. Alma and Bud Buccari had it for two years, when Andy and Paul Valiquette purchased it in January of 1973.
Built 1907 by Thomas Moore (The Moore House)
1915 – John Harris (Cecil House)
1917 – John Heffernan (Heffernan House/Hotel)
19__ Jane McCartney (Heffernan House/Hotel)
1945 – Sam Sinton (Sinton Hotel)
1954 – Gene Biondi (Sinton Hotel)
1960 – Ray Forest (Sinton Hotel)
1971 - Bud Buccari (Sinton Hotel)
1973 – Andy and Paul Valiquette (Sinton Hotel)