Jug -Edwin Guillet
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Images, Electronic
- Brown stoneware jug. Inscribed “8. E Guillet & Co. Grocers. Cobourg Ont”.
- John Guillet established a grocery store in Cobourg in 1842, which he then passed on to his son, Edwin Sr. This store ran until Edwin Sr. retired in 1928.
George Guillet, the older brother of Edwin Sr., is also listed as a grocery store owner in Cobourg between 1865-1880. It appears that in 1896, George and Edwin Sr. either combined their shops or started a new business under the name “Guillet Bros”.
In our collection we have a “Guillet Bros” spoon. See “Guillet Brothers Ornamental Spoon”.
- Date of Original:
- Circa 1926
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Cobourg Museum Foundation
Agency street/mail address
c/o Victoria Hall, 55 King Street West
Cobourg, ON K9A 2M2
Phone number: 19053737222