- Media Type
- Item Type
- Northern steamer at dock
- The Northern was built and owned by Captain Alfred Denton. She was launched at Port Sydney in 1877 and was the first steamer on the north Muskoka lakes. She had a hinged smoke stack so that she could pass under the original Huntsville bridge which did not swing until 1889. She carried passengers and freight to Huntsville and Hoodstown. She was replaced by the Erastus Wiman which was built in 1890. The Northern spent her last days as a tug. She made her last trip in 1893 (The Steamboat Era in Muskoka vol. 1) and was dismantled in 1897. (By Steam Boat and Steam Train).
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 8
Image Height: 5
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.33341 Longitude: -79.21632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Huntsville Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address7 Minerva St. E.
Huntsville, ON P1H1W4