Muskoka Digital Archives

Results

We found
139
matching items
Geographic Location
Bracebridge
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Bracebridge Memorial Hospital
    Image       Bracebridge Memorial Hospital (formerly the James L. Fenn home) officially opened on November 11, 1928, with Miss Arnott as the first superintendent. It was dedicated as a memorial to those who died in World War I. In 1932 an addition provided 8 more beds. In 1940 a nurse's residence opened ...
    Image     Bracebridge Memorial Hospital (formerly the James L. Fenn home) officially opened on November 11, 1928, with Miss Arnott as the first superintendent. It was dedicated as a memorial to those ...
  • South Muskoka Memorial Hospital, Bracebridge.
    Image       South Muskoka Memorial Hospital officially opened in 1963 with 65 beds. A 31 bed extension was completed in 1970. More renovations were done in 1990, and in 2001 a new emergency department, new critical care unit and a large expansion named the Frank Miller Wing made it an 80 bed ...
    Image     South Muskoka Memorial Hospital officially opened in 1963 with 65 beds. A 31 bed extension was completed in 1970. More renovations were done in 1990, and in 2001 a new ...
  • Old and new bridges, Bracebridge
    Image       Looking towards Hunt's Hill from the east side of the Grand Trunk Railway. The new bridge went into use in March 1906, and the old wooden one was later taken down. Old Jubilee Skating Rink (later called Palace Rink) is the building at the riverbank just north of east end ...
    Image     Looking towards Hunt's Hill from the east side of the Grand Trunk Railway. The new bridge went into use in March 1906, and the old wooden one was later taken ...
  • Alport, Muskoka River near Bracebridge
    Image       Colour postcard showing Alport, on the Muskoka River near Bracebridge. Postcard was mailed in 1908.
    Image     Colour postcard showing Alport, on the Muskoka River near Bracebridge. Postcard was mailed in 1908.
  • Uptown Service Station, Manitoba St. Bracebridge
    Image       Uptown Service Station, operated by the Patterson Brothers, was located on Manitoba Street, Bracebridge, next door to the Bracebridge Public Library, part of which can be seen on the right side of the photo. The Old Station restaurant now operates on this site.
    Image     Uptown Service Station, operated by the Patterson Brothers, was located on Manitoba Street, Bracebridge, next door to the Bracebridge Public Library, part of which can be seen on the right ...
  • Manitoba Street,Bracebridge, 1888
    Image       The southern end of Manitoba Street, around 1888.
    Image     The southern end of Manitoba Street, around 1888.
  • Muskoka Leather Company Tannery, Bracebridge
    Image       Muskoka Leather Company's tannery located on Muskoka River in Bracebridge. It opened in 1877 as the Beardmore Co. tannery but was sold in 1882 to Muskoka Leather Company. By 1890 it was one of the largest in Canada and was re-acquired by Beardmore. The tannery was expanded in 1913 but ...
    Image     Muskoka Leather Company's tannery located on Muskoka River in Bracebridge. It opened in 1877 as the Beardmore Co. tannery but was sold in 1882 to Muskoka Leather Company. By 1890 ...
  • Anglo-Canadian Tanning Co., Bracebridge
    Image       The Anglo-Canadian Leather Co. began as the Huntsville & Bracebridge Tannery Company in 1891 but was re-named in 1905. It operated in Bracebridge until 1930.
    Image     The Anglo-Canadian Leather Co. began as the Huntsville & Bracebridge Tannery Company in 1891 but was re-named in 1905. It operated in Bracebridge until 1930.
  • Muskoka Leather Co. Ltd, Bracebridge
    Image       This tannery in Bracebridge operated under the name of Muskoka Leather Company from 1882 until 1890 when it was re-acquired by the original owner, Beardmore.
    Image     This tannery in Bracebridge operated under the name of Muskoka Leather Company from 1882 until 1890 when it was re-acquired by the original owner, Beardmore.
  • Log Chute, South Falls Muskoka River
    Image       Logging companies used log chutes to guide their logs over the waterfalls.
    Image     Logging companies used log chutes to guide their logs over the waterfalls.
  • Ice Bridge, Muskoka Falls in winter, Bracebridge
    Image       The log chute over the Muskoka Falls in winter becomes an ice bridge.
    Image     The log chute over the Muskoka Falls in winter becomes an ice bridge.
  • Bracebridge Bay
    Image       Bracebridge Bay showing flour mill, pre 1900.
    Image     Bracebridge Bay showing flour mill, pre 1900.
  • Queen's Hill, Bracebridge
    Image       Queen's Hill, Bracebridge, Manitoba Street looking south....
    Image     Queen's Hill, Bracebridge, Manitoba Street looking south....
  • The Cedars' cottage at Rostrevor Resort, Muskoka.
    Image       This cottage and others were added to the main lodge of Rostrevor Resort sometime after the 1940s. During the war, guests arrived aboard the steamer Sagamo. Many families returned year after year.
    Image     This cottage and others were added to the main lodge of Rostrevor Resort sometime after the 1940s. During the war, guests arrived aboard the steamer Sagamo. Many families returned year ...
  • Tamarac Lodge, Lake Muskoka 1952
    Image       Tamarac Lodge in Monck township, was built by Dr. Fraser Greig of Bracebridge in 1944. In later years, the lodge changed hands several times and changed its name to Tamwood Lodge. It was torn down in 1987 to make way for the construction of Touchstone development.
    Image     Tamarac Lodge in Monck township, was built by Dr. Fraser Greig of Bracebridge in 1944. In later years, the lodge changed hands several times and changed its name to Tamwood ...
  • Tamarac Lodge, aerial view
    Image       Tamarac Lodge was originally built in 1944 by Dr. Fraser M. Greig of Bracebridge. When purchased by Frank Miller, owner of Patterson-Kaye Lodge, in 1964, it became known as Tamwood Lodge. Constructed of tamarack logs, it was one of the longest log buildings in Canada. During the winters of 1950s, ...
    Image     Tamarac Lodge was originally built in 1944 by Dr. Fraser M. Greig of Bracebridge. When purchased by Frank Miller, owner of Patterson-Kaye Lodge, in 1964, it became known as Tamwood ...
  • Tamarac Lodge, Bracebridge, 1952
    Image       Tamarack Lodge was built in 1944 by Dr. Fraser M. Grieg of Bracebridge. Constructed of tamarack logs, it offered 32 rooms on a bay on Lake Muskoka between Bracebridge and Milford Bay. After 1964 it was known as Tamwood Lodge until it was demolished in 2007 to make way for ...
    Image     Tamarack Lodge was built in 1944 by Dr. Fraser M. Grieg of Bracebridge. Constructed of tamarack logs, it offered 32 rooms on a bay on Lake Muskoka between Bracebridge and ...
  • Moving the steam yacht Naiad from Gravenhurst Wharf 1940s
    Image       The Naiad, a 68 foot craft built at Toronto in 1890 for Senator William Eli Sanford, was the first known steam yacht on the Muskoka Lakes. Senator Sanford used the yacht to entertain guests at his summer home on Lake Rosseau. Guests aboard have included Prime Minister Sir John Thompson ...
    Image     The Naiad, a 68 foot craft built at Toronto in 1890 for Senator William Eli Sanford, was the first known steam yacht on the Muskoka Lakes. Senator Sanford used the ...
  • Moving the steam yacht Naiad through Bracebridge, 1940s
    Image       The steam yacht Naiad, formerly owned by Senator William Eli Sanford and later his family, is being moved from Gravenhurst Wharf through Bracebridge en route to Lake of Bays, for David Cameron Peck of Illinois during the 1940s.
    Image     The steam yacht Naiad, formerly owned by Senator William Eli Sanford and later his family, is being moved from Gravenhurst Wharf through Bracebridge en route to Lake of Bays, for ...
  • Bracebridge Post Office with Clock Tower
    Image       Constructed at the corner of Manitoba and Thomas (now Taylor Rd) Streets in 1914. The new clock was installed in 1915.
    Image     Constructed at the corner of Manitoba and Thomas (now Taylor Rd) Streets in 1914. The new clock was installed in 1915.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit