Winter 2017 Winter scene of the front of the Muskoka Lakes Public Library in Port Carling taken in the winter of 2017 by Mike Guiry. Permission to use the photograph was given by Mike Guiry to Cathy Duck.Mike Guiry
Established in Memorial Park, on Manitoba St. in Bracebridge, in the early 1900's as part of the tribute to the local men who died in the Boer War, this lovely fountain has been moved from its original site, seen various locations, and has been fully restored and returned to its original location...
The ornate iron fountain erected in the early 1900's in Memorial Park, Bracebridge, was made possible by the fundraising efforts of the students of Bracebridge Public School, under the direction of their principal, Mr. G.H.O. Thomas. An outdoor children's concert at the school raised $300 to...
A photograph of the 1961 construction of a new bridge over the Muskoka River on Taylor Rd., Bracebridge, looking westward toward downtown.
A photograph of the construction in 1961 of the new bridge over the Muskoka River on Taylor Rd., Bracebridge, looking eastwards up Hunt's Hill.
A photograph of the new facility for the aged in Bracebridge,"The Pines" located on Pine St. 1961
1876 Inscription on the back reads: Junction Hotel, Falkenburg, re-photographed from photo taken in 1876 by late John Hollingworth, Sr., of Beatrice, Central Muskoka.
Reverse side of a colour brochure from the early days of Santa's Village, Bracebridge, Muskoka.
A colour brochure from the early days of Santa's village in Bracebridge, Muskoka.
The Steamer "Mildred" travelling down the Muskoka River with passengers enjoying the sights.
Aerial view of Bracebridge in 1947 showing the southern end of Manitoba Street, the Silver Bridge, the railroad tracks and Entrance Drive.
Segwun and Sagamo in retirement at dock in Gravenhurst.
Built in 1929, this bandstand is still the site of weekly musical concerts in 1999.
Bracebridge Court House on Dominion Street in 1999.
Aerial photo of Bracebridge Bay in 1999.
Bracebridge Municipal Building or Town Hall as it appeared in 1999, located on Dominion St., in Bracebridge.
The memorial fountain in Bracebridge Memorial Park was originally the result of a campaign launched in 1900 by G. H. O. Thomas, principal of Bracebridge Public School, who organized an outdoor children's concert to raise funds to beautify the park. Re-located several times over the years, the...
See Muskoka the "Mildred" Way, according to the back of this postcard. Three cruises every day left from the Wharf in Bracebridge. Morning cruise fare $2, afternoon cruise fare $2.50 and sunset cruise fare $1.50 Her captain was R. J. MacPherson.