Niagara Cottage Hospital in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photo of an old hospital with additional building on the back.
Niagara-on-the-Lake's hospital history goes back to 1919, when residents raised the money to buy a house on Queen Street about a year after a flu epidemic hit the town. Many residents provided equipment and furniture for new hospital and helped build a nurses residence on the back of the building. That house became the Niagara Cottage Hospital and Nurses' Residence and was in service from 1920 to 1951 (when the new hospital opened). The auxiliary was formed in 1920 to support that site.
The original site of the "cottage hospital" in NOT is located at 175 Queen Street. Later the property has been built as an up-scale condo townhome retaining the exterior characteristics of the original property.
- Negatives from Pat Arrington
- Date of Original:
- Summer 1977
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0