Goat Island and Prospect Point in winter.
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989), Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photo of American Falls, Goat Island and Prospect Point as seen from Canadian side. A skyline of Niagara Falls, NY visible in the background.
- There is a handwritten note indicating winter 1962-3 which is probably wrong. In 1954 a large rock fall occurred at the observation platform at Prospect Point and nearly 200,000 tons of rock fell down into the gorge. In the Fall of 1958, construction began on a 282 foot tall steel and glass observation tower at Prospect Point overlooking the American Falls. It was officially opened in February 1961 and is currently in service.
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 25.5
Image Height: 20.5
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0