Queenston ferry dock and boathouse, circa 1919
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989), Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Sepia tone photo of the ferry deck in Queenston, with a sign "Ferry to Lewiston".
- "Mrs. Huggins remembers renting a rowboat at this boat house from John Humphrey, the Queeenston Dockmaster. She and Hazel Corman, then principal of Laura Secord School, where Mrs. Huggins also taught, went on the river. Both of the young ladies knew how to row, but they had difficulty coming back up river against the current. They were late in returning to the boathouse, and there was some concern as to their safety. The rowboats kept here were used to ferry people across to Lewiston, and were rented out when there was no ferrying to be done."
"The Niagara Portage Road. A history of the Portage on the West bank of the Niagara River" by George A. Seibel
- Date of Publication:
Width: 10.8 cm
Height: 7 cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0