Crysler-Rigg House (Roslyn Cottage) in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photo of Roslyn Cottage, a classic Niagara-on-the-Lake white clapboard with dark shutters. The oldest part of the house is a three-bay design in wood with a very low pitched roof, built in 1822 by a wealthy merchant of the town, Ralph Morden Crysler. In the late 1830s, he sold the house to the lawyer Charles Hall who probably made the Greek Revival improvements and moved the entrance to the side. Bruce Rigg, a town doctor did much of the landscaping himself in the 1940s and 1950s.
Crysler-Burroughs House has been designated as Ontario Heritage Property in 2002.
- Negatives from Pat Arrington
"Crysler-Rigg House (Rosalyn Cottage)
187 Queen St. NOTL"
- Date of Original:
- Summer 1977
Width: 17.5 cm
Height: 12.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0