Life Anew, Spring Comes to Niagara.
- St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), Spring 1949
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Three black and white photographs of the farm animals and employees of Larkin Farms in Queenston, published under one title "Life anew, spring comes to Niagara"
- John D. Larkin, a successful industrialist from Buffalo, started buying land in Niagara in 1900. He purchased Glencairn near Queenston and developed three farming communities in the township with over 1,700 acres of land. One group was built on "Upper" or "Mountain farm", these were all flooded when the hydro dam was constructed in 1948. Another grouping was called "Middle Farm" and about a mile north of Queenston. The third group or "Lower Farm" was later owned by Harry Larkin and became famous as a fruit and cattle farm.
William Paton and Lionel Orbell worked on the "Lower Farm" for more than 30 years.
- Place of Publication:
- St. Catharines, Ontario
- Date of Original:
- Spring 1949
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0