A trolley car of Niagara Falls Park and River Railway crossing Queenston-Lewiston Suspension Bridge
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of a railway train on a single streetcar track crossing the Queenston-Lewiston Suspension Bridge.
- Undated photo, probably was taken between 1899 and 1902. The second Queenston - Lewiston Suspension Bridge was officially opened on July 21st 1899, connecting two railway lines which operated along Canadian and American shorelines.
In 1891, the Queen Victoria Niagara Falls Parks Commissioners signed an agreement with E.B. Osler of Toronto and R.B. Angus to operate the "Niagara Falls Park & River Railroad Company" to build and operate a railway from Queenston to Chippawa with the right to develop hydro electricity to power the railway.
Construction on the railway began in 1892 and in 1893, the railway featuring a single rail line was open to the public. In 1902, the Canadian "Niagara Falls Park & River Railway "(Queenston - Chippawa Railway) was sold to the Niagara Gorge Railroad Company (Buffalo Railroad Company and a new company changed the name to International Railway Company.
Width: 8.5 cm
Height: 8.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0