Pupils of old "stone" school in Queenston
- Mystery Question:
Can you help identify any of these students?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Hedges, R. E., Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Sepia colour old photograph of unidentified school children.The students are standing, sitting on chairs or grass, with their teacher/principal Charles R. Kilkenny, carrying a small child in his arms. There is a fragment of a large stone block building and small shed in the background.
Not dated, probably taken between 1891 and 1901.
- The old stone school was built in 1844 and Charles R. Kilkenny was principal of the school from 1891 till the Laura Secord Memorial School was built in 1914-15. He continued as principal in the new school until his retirement in June 1918.
- Reverse (stamp of photographer):
"Mr. R. E. Hedges,
- Date of Original:
Width: 30 cm
Height: 25 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 21cm
Image Height: 16.5cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Kilkenny, Charles R. (1862-19?)
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0