Pupils of old "stone" school in Queenston
- Mystery Question
- Can you help identify any of these students?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Hedges, R. E., Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Sepia colour old photograph of unidentified school children.The students are standing, sitting on chairs or grass, with their teacher/principal Charles R. Kilkenny, carrying a small child in his arms. There is a fragment of a large stone block building and small shed in the background.
Not dated, probably taken between 1891 and 1901.
- The old stone school was built in 1844 and Charles R. Kilkenny was principal of the school from 1891 till the Laura Secord Memorial School was built in 1914-15. He continued as principal in the new school until his retirement in June 1918.
- Reverse (stamp of photographer):
"Mr. R. E. Hedges,
- Date of Original
Width: 30 cm
Height: 25 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 21cm
Image Height: 16.5cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Kilkenny, Charles R. (1862-19?)
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address10 Anderson Lane P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0