Expansion work at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library - May 1973
- Hoshkiw, Ed, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photographs of library expansion work at the Court House building.
- "By 1972, the Library Board was faced with the need for additional space in the Court House location where the library was housed in the basement. The Board Chairman, Ben Bramble, sought the advice of an experienced interior decorator – Paul Johns. Mr. Johns devised a workable solution. A below-grade truck garage was revamped and joined to the existing room by a stairway. This area became the main entrance to the Library, housing the card catalogue and the checkout area. The children's section was created by connecting it to the entrance area by a short staircase. This area at one time had been an indoor rifle range!"
Source: "Origin of the Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library" by Ms. Terry Mactaggart
"The Wedding Photographers, Box 404, Niagara Falls" and
"Ed Hoszkiw [sic] 354-9149
4893 River Road, Niagara Falls, Ontario"
- Date of Original:
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 19.2cm
Image Height: 20.2cm
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Kathryn Hoshkiw
- Copyright Holder Contact Information:
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0