In consequence of your Public Notice, dated 8th October, I hereby offer to deliver on the conditions specified in the form of contract already exhibited to me, as follows, VIZ:
[handwritten] Such quantity for Roach Lime as may be required at four shillings and four pence sterling per barrel of three and half bushels.
And the parties subscribing with me undertake to become bound in the penalty required for the fulfilment of my agreement to this effect.
Signature of the party Tendering: James Thompson
Signature of the Sureties: W. D. Miller and [?]
To Deputy Assistant Commissary General. Micking
N. B. - The tender is to be addressed outside, and marked. "Tender for "
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Tender for Lime. Official contract for Lime purchase for James Thompson, signed in Stamford on November 16, 1825 and addressed to the Deputy Assistant Commissary General on the other side (reverse).
Document:1 page; size: 19.7cm x 31.7cm
- Stamford Township was a township in Upper Canada (later Ontario)on the Niagara Peninsula. The first survey took place around 1776, and twelve families came to settle in the area. As the second township in the region surveyed, it was named Township #2, and later Mount Dorchester for Sir Guy Carleton Lord Dorchester. Another survey in 1787 was conducted and the area was renamed Stamford by John Graves Simcoe. The first municipal government was established in 1793. In 1962 it was amalgamated with the city of Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- November 16, 1825
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.10012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address10 Anderson Lane P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
- Full Text