The following narrative has been provided as a background or guide for Docents who are conducting tours at the Royal George Theatre. Gift of Faye Goodwin (inscription on inner cover).
Booklet: 25 pages with paper covers and black & white photographs/sketches; size:21cm x 28cm;
This Theatre was built in 1915 (on the site of Mr. Campbell's blacksmith shop) by Mrs. Norris for the entertainment of troops garrisoned in the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake during the First World War. After being a movie theatre for many years, it is now operated by the Shaw Festival Theatre.