Program of The Federated Women's of Ontario Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration, held at the Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph, Ontario on June 18, 1947. Includes schedule and names of pioneers, presidents and superintendents.
Booklet: 8 pages with black and white photos and the Women's Institute crest on both covers; size:21.5cm x 28cm
Women's Institutes began in Stoney Creek, Ontario in 1897, and by 1919 the numerous branches joined to form the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario. As the idea spread to other provinces the Federated Women's Institutes of Canada was formed. By 1951, at its peak, there were 1,500 branches in Ontario alone.