Queenston United Church
- Roels, Ron, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of Queenston United Church on a new site.
The Queenston United church was built in 1862 and dedicated on January 25, 1863. In the 1940's and 1950's the village grew and Sunday school grew with it. The Church had no Sunday school rooms, no washrooms and no parking. The decision was made to move the church and a piece of property was bought, a basement dug and the church was moved, then an addition was added. The rededication was set for October 16, 1960, the 174th anniversary of the founding of the congregation.
- Due to a declining number of congregation members, a very moving and historical service was held on October 6, 1996 to celebrate the amalgamation of the St. Davids and Queenston United Church congregations. The Queenston church was given to the Niagara Parks Commission as an historical site.
- Date of Publication:
- 16 Oct 1960
Width: 24 cm
Height: 19.2 cm
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0