Charles Matthew Lowrey with his wife Helen Emily
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Two small photographs of Charles Matthew Lowrey [Lowery] and his wife Helen Emily [Wallace] taken on October 5, 1913 - their 31st wedding anniversary. They are standing in front of their stone house in Queenston.
- Helen Emily Wallace was born in Cobourg, Ontario on November 16, 1856 to Robert Wallace and Ann Jane Hewitt. She married Charles Matthew Lowrey in 1882 and had 5 children. She passed away on March 22, 1922 in Niagara, Ontario.
Charles Matthew Lowrey was born in Vanessa, Ontario on 29 Aug 1855 to David Jackson Lowrey and Elizabeth Catherine Teeter. He married Helen Emily Wallace and had 5 children (Robert, Harold, Luella, Edna, Marguerite). Later in life Charles M. married Mary McBride. He passed away on April 22, 1931 in Queenston, Ontario, Canada.
Charles M. Lowrey has been a well known figure in Niagara for a number of years, having opened the first canning factory in Niagara and St. Davids. He also operated stores at Niagara Falls, St. Davids and Queenston and acquired the controlling interest in the Queenston quarry. He was postmaster in Queenston for 13 years as well as a deputy reeve in Niagara township.
- "on 31st anniversary, Oct 5, 1913"
- Date of Publication:
- 5 Oct 1913
- Date Of Event:
- 5 Oct 1913
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 7.2cm
Image Height: 10.2cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Lowrey, Charles Matthew (1855-1931) ; Lowrey, Helen Emily [Wallace](1856-1922)
- Local identifier:
- Collection of Alan Clifford
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0