Charles Matthew Lowrey with his daughters
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph of seated Charles Matthew Lowrey with his three daughters around: Luella (1st right), Edna and Marguerite. The picture taken inside the general store he owned and operated in Queenston, Ontario.
Undated, probably in the 1910s.
- Charles Matthew Lowrey [Lowery] was born in Vanessa, Ontario on 29 Aug 1855 to David Jackson Lowrey and Elizabeth Catherine Teeter. He married Helen Emily Wallace and had 5 children (Robert, Harold, Luella, Edna, Marguerite). Later in life Charles M. married Mary McBride. He passed away on April 22, 1931 in Queenston, Ontario, Canada.
Charles M. Lowrey has been a well known figure in Niagara for a number of years, having opened the first canning factory in Niagara and St. Davids. He also operated stores at Niagara Falls, St. Davids and Queenston and acquired the controlling interest in the Queenston quarry. He was postmaster in Queenston for 13 years as well as a deputy reeve in Niagara township.
- Date Of Event:
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 16.7cm
Image Height: 13.3cm
- Personal Name(s):
- Lowrey, Charles Matthew (1855-1931) ; Lowrey, Luella (1894-1973)
- Local identifier:
- Collection of Alan Clifford
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0