Ice jam on Niagara River, 1909
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Black and white postcards of snow clearing efforts in Queenston during ice jam on the Niagara River; April and May, 1909.
Clearing Queenston Docks, May 6, 1909
Clearing railway tracks
Removing ice jam at Queenston with rotary plow, May 6, 1909
Niagara River ice jam, April, 1909
Flooded railway tracks in Queenston, ice jam 1909
The damaged tracks
Removing ice jam with rotary plow at Queenston, May 6, 1909
Removing ice jam by steam [tug boat] May 12, 1909
Lower Niagara River ice jam, 1909
- The ice jam in 1909 blocked the mouth of the lower Niagara River, stopping the flow and rising the water 6 metres above the normal level.
- Cataract Photo Studio
- Place of Publication:
- Niagara Falls, N. Y.
- Date of Original:
- Spring 1909
Width: 14 cm
Height: 8.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- NOTLPL00204 and NOTLPL00207
- Collection of Alan Clifford
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0