English United Grand Lodge Certificate of Robert Fizette
- Media Type
- Item Types
- English United Grand Lodge Certificate of Robert Fizette, M.M. in Niagara Lodge, No. 2, "late No. 490..." and recognized by English Registration. A parchment certificate issued by His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, Grand Master of United Grand Lodge of Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons of England. Framed document written in English and Latin; with circular seal of the Lodge and signatures of Robert Fizette and Grand Secretary; date at the bottom: "1890".
- Robert Fizette was a ship carpenter by trade and served many years with the Niagara Harbour and Dock Company in ship-building business from 1840-1855. Mr. Fizette was an honorary member of Niagara lodge No. 2, G. R. C. of Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons, and at the time of his death was one of the oldest affiliated members of the craft in the Niagara district. He was also an honorary member of Niagara chapter, No. 55, Royal Arch Masons. He died in 1900 and was buried in the cemetery of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Fizette, Robert (1824-1900)
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.255895396406 Longitude: -79.0700992123031
- Location of Original
- Colin K. Duquemin Masonic Museum
Niagara Lodge #2 A.F. & A.M., G.R.C.
153 King Street, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
The Museum was named after Bro. Colin Duquemin for his work in preserving masonic past.
It is home to many artifacts from Niagara district, including regalia, books, certificates,
and masonic documents.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address10 Anderson Lane P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0