Perpetual Masonic calendar
- Rolph, Joseph Thomas (1831-1916), Artist
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Wood engravings
- Old perpetual Masonic wall calendar (with a little hanger on top). "Dedicated by permission by Worshipful Brother Thomas Bird Harris, Grand Secretary, G. L. of Canada by W. Brother Sir W. Colles K. St. Patrick's No.50 and St. Alban's No. 200. AD 1870"
Unique and decorative calendar with metal elements, engraved in 1870 by J.R. Rolph,Lith, Toronto [left side at the bottom].
- English-born watercolour painter Joseph Thomas Rolph specialized in engraving and lithography after moving to Toronto, where he was one of the most popular artists in this field in 19th century. When the Ontario School of Art was founded in 1876, he also worked there as a teacher of engraving.
- J.T. Rolph, Lith, Toronto
- Place of Publication:
- Toronto, Ontario
- Date of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Rolph, Joseph Thomas (1831-1916)
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original:
- Colin K. Duquemin Masonic Museum
Niagara Lodge #2 A.F. & A.M., G.R.C.
153 King Street, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
The Museum was named after Bro. Colin Duquemin for his work in preserving masonic past.
It is home to many artifacts from Niagara district, including regalia, books, certificates,
and masonic documents.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0